Thursday, May 8, 2008

Living Sacrifice



I've been reading some really great books on worship recently. Ron Owen's Return To Worship (click here) offers some really spiritual and practical advice and pointers on worship. Bought it during sales at Evangel. :-) No guessing that I will be using it for my ministry. 

Another book I got at the sales is Martin Luther's Faith Alone devotional (click here). Ever since I got it for YL, I've been hunting  for another copy. I'm so glad to have finally found and bought one there. Yay!

Another helpful book I recently bought at Gladsounds is The Worship Leader's Handbook by Tom Kraeuter (click here). It's really a handy resource book to help worship leaders answer questions that arises in their ministry. 

All in all, I really hope to exalt the Lord with my life as a pleasing act of worship. 
I pray that I offer more than lip service. And that all glory points to Him than to me. I know I have failed Him so many times and I rely on nothing alone but His grace and faithfulness.

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual (or reasonable) act of worship."
Romans 12:1

Help me to love and worship You O Lord. Let my life be a reasonable act of worship to You. This is my lifelong prayer to You. 


It's All About You- Passion 

It's all about You, Jesus
And all this is for You
For Your glory and your fame
It's not about me
As if You should do things my way
You alone are God 
And I surrender to your ways

Jesus, lover of my soul
All consuming fire is in Your gaze
Jesus, I want you to know
I will follow you all my days

For no one else in history is like you
And history itself belongs to you
Alpha and Omega, You have loved me
And I will share eternity with You

It's all about You, Jesus
And all this is for You
For Your glory and your fame
It's not about me
As if You should do things my way
You alone are God 
And I surrender to your ways


Love, MaxK







No comments: