Friday, May 9, 2008

Wake Up (Rise & Shine)



“Those who are wise will shine like the brightest of the heavens,
And those who lead many to righteousness,
like stars forever and ever”
Daniel 12:3


Evidently, it is this song that inspired the title of this blog. I wrote it based on the scripture of Daniel 12:3. May our lives shine like the brightest of stars as we radiate His love to the world. If we are the light, why aren't we rising and shining? Are we leading anyone to His righteousness? Or are we still asleep in our pews, receiving but not giving anything to the world? If so, it's time to wake up now, church!


Wake Up (Rise & Shine)- Daniel 12:3

You are so beautiful to me,
Your light, it shines for all to see.
You illuminate my life,
To shine like the brightest stars
In the sky.

You make me want to be much more,
Than anything that I’d hope for.
For this I am overjoyed,
In you, I’m edified to shine…

You are the One that is beautiful ,
You make me want to shine and sparkle,
There’s nothing else I want in this world.
Everyday, in everyway…
I’ll shine…


The riches of this world will never do,
To whet my appetite for You.
Though they would grind me down to dirt,
I’d take it all for heaven’s worth.

You are the One that is beautiful ,
You make me want to shine and sparkle,
There’s nothing else I want in this world.
Everyday, in everyway…

You are the Radiant One in my life,
For You I will stand up and shine.
There’s nothing else I want in my life,
I’ll shine always…


Radiate, radiate
Radiate Your love
Radiate, saturate
Radiate, it’s time to
Rise and shine!!!


Written by MaxK on
 29th August 2006

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden... In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Mathew 5:14-16




No comments: